Sunday 31 December 2017

Bujo overview 2017

This was my "Hello 2017 intro
page at the start of the bujo"

Not many hours left in 2017. This would be the time to look back and evaluate things. To be honest, I think my theme for 2018 will be "The best is yet to come" and I will leave 2017 behind without too much introspection. 

Dear 2017, we had some good times, we had some bad times. We had some fun times, we had some sad times. I don't expect 2018 to be anything different - Life is a rollercoaster, you just have to ride it. 
One thing I did was I managed to keep a bujo through the whole year, and I also managed to create an intro page for each month in my bujo. Many of them are a bit more mixed media than I usually do, so I had fun experimenting with them. They are all below, warts and all. Next year's bujo will be unicorn themed. Fancy that? 

 

In January I was inspired by night skies and tried to paint some northern lights in watercolour.  Let's just call it an experiment and leave it there. February was my first and I think so far only attempt at using Distress crayons. I discovered they are not my medium of choice although others seem to get some really great results with them. 

  

March was a bit of a mess. Not sure what look I was really going for there. April turned out quite pretty, lots of stamping and masking using STAMPlorations floral stamps followed by watercolours.

 

May was fun, well anything with rainbows is fun isn't it. Distress inks and a STAMPlorations stencil and die. June was one of my first plays with my new Distress Oxides. They blend so beautifully.

 

July was all about colouring outside the lines - a big mess with watercolours really. August is a page from the STAMPlorations Bloomtangled colouring book. I treated the page with clear gesso and then coloured with watercolours. That was super fun.


September and October are also pages from the Bloomtangled colouring book, both coloured with Sharpies. September was supposed to be grunge but it's more of a mess. October is the first time I dared to try my new lettering skill. Let's just call that a work in progress, eh?

 November was Distress inks through a stencil and a bunch of die cut leaves I had left over from another project. December I have to admit I didn't have any time between manic work and preparing for Christmas to really do anything other than using an old card front from a card I didn't find any recipient for. Thought I might as well get some use out of it.

Now it's time to say goodbye to the old year and the old bujo. I managed to finish with 2 pages left in the notebook. I have a pink Rhodia Goalbook for next year, I can't wait to tuck into that. See you next year, and wishing you a lovely New Year's Eve, whatever you decide to do. I think we will do a repeat our last year and fall asleep on the sofa at 10pm.













No comments: